Click here to close Hello! We notice that you are using Internet Explorer, which is not supported by Xenbase and may cause the site to display incorrectly. We suggest using a current version of Chrome, FireFox, or Safari.
XB-IMG-158744

Xenbase Image ID: 158744


Figure 3. Demonstration of Motility Coincident with the MBT. Embryos that had been growing in dissociation media were further disrupted by gentle shaking after cleavage 12. The cells were trans- ferred onto a microscope slide and photographed every 60 set at 160X. The small cytoplasmic bleb on the outer periphery of the cell will normally progress in a single direction around the cell for several revolutions before disappearing and then reappearing. (A) 0 min; (B) 1 min; (C) 2 min; (D) 3 min. At least 70%-80% of the cells defined as motile in Figure 2B exhibit this type of motility pattern. The remaining 20%-30% of motile cells undergo a much slower pseudopodal ex- tension and retraction motility. Final magnification 370X.

Image published in: Newport J and Kirschner M (1982)

Copyright © 1982. Image reproduced with permission of the Publisher, Elsevier B. V.

Larger Image
Printer Friendly View

Return to previous page
Xenbase: The Xenopus laevis and X. tropicalis resource.
Version: 4.12.0


Major funding for Xenbase is provided by grant P41 HD064556