Phenotypes & Disease Models
Xenopus is an essential vertebrate model system for biomedical research
- Share 83% human disease genes
- Ease of genomic manipulation
- Large eggs and embryos with rapid external development
- Ease of housing
- Produce hardy eggs year-round
- Learn more about Xenopus
The Xenopus model organism knowledgebase
Xenbase is a web-accessible resource that integrates all the diverse biological, genomic, genotype and phenotype data available from Xenopus research. Learn more about Xenbase.
- Search Xenopus Papers and Books on Xenbase
- Xenopus 2020 White Paper describes the research and priorities of the Xenopus biomedical community.
The international Xenopus community has established five Xenopus stock centers for obtaining frogs and other resources. Learn more about Xenopus stock centers.
Gene Expression Datasets
Xenopus Data Sources
- Expression Data @ GEO
- Next-gen Sequence Data @ SRA
- X. tropicalis @ NCBI
- Xenopus Gene Collection (XGC)
- X. tropicalis BLAST @ NCBI
- PubMed Literature Search
- Nucleotide Data @ NCBI